The Village Square: A nervy bunch of liberals and conservatives who believe that dialogue and disagreement make for a good conversation, a good country and a good time!
We get into all kinds of important, timely topics including
- how we're all living in this "high energy environment";
- the "us vs. them dynamic" and what the solution is;
- the value of actually getting together in person;
- how the Village Square is able to get people of diverse views in the same venue together;
- how the first casualty in this environment is nuance;
- and being played by the "conflict entrepreneurs";
- in addition to a lot more ground we cover.
The Village Square is a nonprofit organization devoted to building vibrant civil dialogue across partisan and ideological divides on matters of local, state, and national importance in communities across America. Founded in Tallahassee, Florida in 2006 after a contentious debate on a local issue, the Village Square builds social civic community in a 21st century revival of the old-fashioned American town hall. The Village Square offers a menu of cutting-edge civic engagement programs, many in partnership with local government.